Friday, April 18, 2008

Kentucky Earthquakes this Morning

Louisville KY Damages featured on Fox News



Mornings are never good for me. It takes tea, a good breakfast, and a shower to make me human enough to reply to the most basic of inquiries. When the phone rang at 6:30 this morning, it was all I could do to make my mouth form the words "Hello?"



It was my Mom who lives near the Ohio River, up in Kentucky's Golden Triangle. She reports that she was up this morning when the earth moved; but didn't feel anything. My aunt, who lives across the river in Indiana definitely felt the earth move, and not in a good way.Nevertheless, Mom and Aunt are fine...they just wanted to set my mind at ease.



Reports are still coming in from across several states. As I understand it, the epicenter was in Illinois. Now, I don't know much about earthquakes. And as for homeowners insurance, Charlie tells me earthquake damage is not automatically covered. Earthquake damage is generally covered by an additional rider.Click the Kentucky Division of Emergency Management Kentucky Earthquake Insurance page. Check with your local Kentucky independent insurance agent for more details.



Kentucky Earthquake Resources





To keep updated on the latest Kentucky Earthquake news, listen to your local radio and television reports. National reports like the one on Fox news this morning offer an overview, but when it comes to your own safety local news sources are best.Here's a link to Louisville WAVE 3 covering Louisville KY Earthquake News.



Charlie Pinson Insurance does business throughout the Commonwealth of Kentucky. For Kentucky Insurance quotes and information Kentucky Insurance Quotes

No comments: